TVBA & MBA General Meeting - Tuesday, August 11, 2020 (7:00 pm). Tanya Phillips will be speaking on Top Bar Management. You can join at 6:30pm for a Q&A session.
The Beginning Bee class. You should have received an email with specific login credentials. If you are registered for the class, and didn't receive the email please contact us.
Tanya Phillips is a Master Beekeeper and author of the book Beginning Beekeeping. She volunteers as a Director for Texas Beekeeper’s Association and founded the Travis County Beekeepers Association. She and her husband Chuck Reburn manage over 150 colonies in Travis and Hays counties, with both TopBar and Langstroth hives. Chuck builds the beehives, helps manage colonies, and makes awesome mead; Tanya raises nucs and queens and teaches classes to new beekeepers in their home apiary. She also enjoys harvesting her ‘bee produce’ to make wax items, lip balms, lotion bars, candles, soap and more that she sells along with their raw honey at local markets. (beefriendlyaustin.com)
Trinity Valley Beekeeping Association & Metro Beekeepers Association invite you to a Zoom meeting.
Meeting ID: 836 1244 7850
One tap mobile
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 836 1244 7850
Welcome to Metro Beekeepers.
The Metro Beekeepers Association (“MBA”) is organized to educate its members, and the general public of the importance of bees to horticulture and the environment. We provide education about the best methods of beekeeping and honey production. We promote beekeeping in urban areas, as well as, attracting and training future beekeepers in the science, and craft of beekeeping.
Membership is open to the public and consists primarily of amateur beekeepers and others not professionally connected with beekeeping or commercial honey production. Our meetings take place on the second Monday of every month.
Bee Removal Permit - please make sure to submit your Bee Removal Permits if you have not done so for this year. If we do not have your permit copy please send one to us or bring a copy to the meeting so that our website and files can be current.
** Sign up for the 2020 Beekeeping Class- Beekeeping Class begins at 5:30 p.m. The 11 class program is January-November. Class is $125 and includes a course text book.
- Students in course must be members of the MBA ($20/year for you & your immediate family).
- The focus of the course is education about bee keeping.
- Course costs are $125, paid in cash or check. This cost is per person.
- We meet the SECOND Monday of each month (January-November) from 5:30p to 6:25p at the Southside Preservation Hall in Fort Worth (1519 Lipscomb St Forth Worth, Texas 76104).
- Instructional focus includes: bee biology and behaviors, beekeeping equipment options, and the best practices in beekeeping. In addition, we will look at many pictures and see ways to effectively manage bees. There will be ample opportunities to ask questions of experienced beekeepers in action.