Metro Beekeepers Association (MBA) is an organization of hobbyist, side liner and commercial beekeepers that meet once monthly for learning, fellowship, food and fun. Serving Tarrant and surrounding counties in North Texas. Meetings are held the 2nd Monday of each month. Guests are welcome. MBA is focused on educating the general public and MBA members on the importance of honey bees and beekeeping techniques.
June 2018 Meeting Information (6/11/2018 @6:30PM):
Topic of Discussion: Top-Bar Hive Beekeeping and Api-Therapy
Robin Young, fresh back from Slovenia and the First International Beekeeping Conference will be our guest speaker this month. If you missed the "Tour of Hives Hands on Field Day" at the Young Ranch, you will not want to miss her presentation on Top-Bar hive beekeeping and Api-therapy. Don't miss an opportunity to learn how Pollen from your own hive could help to keep your prostate in good health and working order. She will share with you the latest knowledge coming out of Slovenia in bees helping human health that you can try from your own hives. This is not a sales presentation, but an opportunity to maximize what your hive can do for you and those you love. Don't have a prostate, I bet you love someone that does. Don’t miss out.
See you there bee friends!
Special Members Only Event **Pot Luck** See below!
YOUR INVITED To "Tour of Hives Hands on Field Day 2018"
FOR: Metro Bee Keepers Association Members and Immediate Family ONLY
WHERE: Soul Honey by Robin Young at the "Young Ranch"
13737 FM 1171
Northlake, TX 76262
WHEN: Saturday 6-9-2018, This Saturday
TIME: Arrive at 8:30am
WHAT TO BRING: Your Bee suit, hive tool, and smoker
WHAT TO BRING FOR LUNCH: MBA will provide the meat. You bring will provide salads, veggies, deserts, or other side dish etc. Note: This is for MBA members and immediate family only. We want to maximize the hands on portion for members. Lunch will be at 11:00 am.
A map is enclosed with pictures of our eating places. We are located North of the Texas Motor Speedway neighbors to the "Quale Creek" gun range. When you get to the blue gate with the "Young Ranch" sign, you are here. We will have someone directing you to the back were we will eat and one of our apiaries is located. We have 2 bathrooms inside and some indoor seating. We have had home school groups of around 50 +. Don't miss your opportunity to get into a Top-Bar hive with your MBA friends.
Can't Wait to See Ya'll,
Club and Beekeeping Class Dues, Due:
Raffle Tickets: Proceeds benefit the Youth Scholarship Program.
• Bring a snack or drink for break time and receive ONE raffle ticket.
• Bring an item for the raffle and receive FIVE raffle tickets. Raffle items are not limited to beekeeping items.
• Raffle tickets are also available for purchase: ONE ticket for $1.00 or SIX tickets for $5.00.
** Sign up for the 2018 Beekeeping Class- Beekeeping Class begins at 5:30 p.m. The 11 class program is January-November. Class is $125 and includes a book. Please contact Stan Key (lead instructor) for information.
1. Students in course must be members of the MBA ($20/year for you & your immediate family).
2. The focus of the course is education about bee keeping.
3. Course costs are $125, paid in cash or check. This cost is per person.
4. We meet the SECOND Monday of each month (January-November) from 5:30p to 6:25p at the Southside Preservation Hall in Fort Worth (1519 Lipscomb St Forth Worth, Texas 76104).
5. Instructional focus includes: bee biology and behaviors, beekeeping equipment options, hands on opportunities to work in a bee yard, and the best practices in beekeeping. In addition, we will look at many pictures and see ways to effectively manage bees. There will be ample opportunities to ask questions and observe experienced beekeepers in action.
Guests are welcome to attend. Members are asked to occasionally bring a snack or drink to share during break. You can browse the bee-related vendors during the break. Earn One raffle ticket when you bring a food/snack/drink item to share during the meeting break. Earn Five raffle tickets if you donate a raffle item. You can also purchase raffle tickets One ticket for $1 or Six ticket for $5. Raffle ticket sales help support the youth scholarship program. Some restrictions apply to the donated raffle item. Hope to see you there!! Post Your Photos! Post photos on the Photo Gallery Page or on the MBA Facebook Group page and they just might be highlighted during the slideshows at our monthly general meetings. If you haven't "joined" our MBA Facebook Group, do it today, it's a great way to ask questions to fellow beekeepers and more. Photo Gallery - Lots of new photos added MBA Members only can now submit photos. All photos will be reviewed and membership verified prior to posting. View this new feature and submit your photos to be added.