Beekeepers is a non-profit organization of hobbyist beekeepers
that meets once monthly for food, fellowship, and fun.
Cana Baptist Church
2309 East Renfro Street Burleson, Texas 76028 Burleson, TX
We meeting at a new location at 6:30 the second Monday of each month. Those that bring snacks such as soft drinks, chips, cookies, finger sandwiches to share with those attending the meeting, will receive a free ticket for prize drawings.
If you have any questions:
Important Note about Beekeeping
Dear Bee Friends,
Monday, December 9th is our annual Christmas Party. I encourage each of you to come, have fun, and share in an awesome meal.
1. The December meeting will meet at 6:30. A reminder that the December MBA is social only.
A. Bring a vegetable, salad or dessert or to share. MBA will provide the meat.
B. Bring a wrapped gift for the Gift Exchange. The value should be $20 - 25 for a gift. If a spouse or family member is with you, we encourage you to have a gift for each.
2. Bees should be ready for the Winter weather. Close down entrances, block the wind, and make sure the bees have plenty of honey stores. Rule of thumb is about 40 lbs. or a medium box full. Remember that feeding thin sugar water starts the first week of January, and pollen substitute and supplemental food like Optima is recommended.
3. It has been an honor to serve as your President the past two years. I have learned a lot, and appreciated your support for our efforts to provide quality education for members and encourage youth in beekeeping through our scholarship program. Please let me know if I can assist you in any way related to bees and beekeeping in the year ahead. I will remain active in the club as Director of Programming, and will continue to teach the Beekeeping Course for Beginners and Intermediate level folks.
4. We will offer Beekeeping 103 course beginning in January and continuing for 11 months. The course meets from 5:30 - 6:25 pm prior to the regular MBA meetings the second Monday of each month. The course will include a text, valued at $20 and is a bargain at $75.
5. If there is enough demand, we will consider an all day workshop in the Spring that will have separate from the course above.
6. A reminder that dues for 2014 should be paid in the January meeting. Fees are a reasonable $20 for the year for you and your immediate family. Thanks to all those that have already paid their dues. No dues will be collected in the December meeting.
Thanks again for a terrific 2013! Best wishes to you and your family for a Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year!
Peace, love, and joy,
© copyright 2009 Metro Beekeepers All rights reserved